Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New to us and that blue cheese curing in the Man cave...

The Captain's Nan, who passed away last year, had newer furniture in her home and being that it sold last week we inherited bits of it. 2 love seats and a bucket chair (not shown in this picture of Panda and my niece camping out in the living room).

A Monet picture which I have admired for as long as I had known Nan.And a *Karl Albert Buehr* ( a young lady with parasol) painting:I wish I could find the story behind the painting. Who is she? A stranger? Friend? Is she at a cafe or court yard? What inspired him to paint to her this way?
I become fascinated by such things. I guess the library will be scoured for more information to satisfy my curiosity. I love both paintings and cherish them not only being from nan, but it is the era and feeling of ease they give me.
I also recieved lots of glass pots and pans. An old wooden rolling pin and spoons with ceramic storing crock. I'm sure theres more but I want to make sure I share about the blue cheese I am making, which is curing in the Man cave refrigerator- turned from beer fridge to cheese cave.. for now.

This is what it looks like as of this morning. As you can see a chunk came off with the bandanna wrapping which made for the perfect taste test. and WOW! So creamy, rich, sweet with a suttle tartness. Amazing and impressive. It still has another month of curing and a new batch will be started this week. I hope it is just as wonderful in taste as my first.
I am addicted to patchouli now. I use the OLAY BODY BOTANICAL FUSION BODY WASH - HYDRATE.
The scent of patchouli stays with me all day and others have commented how the scent stays with them even after I leave. Not too strong, just a breeze of my scent. I do not wear perfume. So this is perfect with the wonderful benefits of Patchouli for my moods and has even made a difference in my socializing anxiety- its gone! I had no idea of its help for depression or anxiety, so when i read more up on the essential oil (started mixing it with mineral therapy lotion from St. Ives), I was surprised to discover that is why I have been more at ease and balanced feeling.
More blueberry picking and cheesemaking this week along with a big Broiler chicken butcher evening soon. Look forward to shooting more skeet and will be bringing my girls (hopefully they fit and the chickens too somehow in my Vue. Don't laugh. I'm serious. LOL).
Nobody here to milk Fernie so she has to come along and have a visit with her son.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...