Thursday, July 17, 2008

Now, where did I put that machete?...

I stay out of the garden less then 4 or 5 days and this is what greets me as I enter the gate....All that rain and heat has produced a jungle in the Hill Garden. Check out the Tomato corner:and the Cannelini bean patch is up to my thighs:
I harvested a large mixing bowl of Rattlesnake Pole beans (very tasty!), 6 Italian Zucchini's, 8 Patty pan squash, basil, dill, slow to bolt Jericho romaine lettuce, and 1 rutabaga just from the last 2 days.
I am making up a batch of healing salve for Danny Boy's Psoriasis. My search online has lead me to make up infused oils from Rosemary and Calendula to add into Beeswax plus will be adding 1/8 tspn. Tea tree oil. The Rosemary and Calendula are from my plants with the Calendula bursting with new blooms everyday. I have to say, Calendula is probably my most favorite flower which grows in my garden- next to roses. I see healing when I look at those blooms.
Not sure if my "witchy brew" (I like calling it that), will work on him and truly hope it will bring him relief from the large spots on his arms. I plan to research in my school books and see about massage for the condition. Any suggestions on other herbs to use? He claims to have tried everything and is willing to let me give it a try.
I have my nephew's birthday present to finish sewing. I am making him a fabric holder for his markers like this one for *crayons*
with a Martian fabric (left over from lil' mans pj pants) and Camouflage corduroy. This will go into his own khaki tote with the lining of corduroy camo plus his initial in the camo embroidered on the tote front. I'll share when its done since I do babble...
I've got milking to do...
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...