Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer fun and new experiences...

Just a few of morning harvest finds last week:Why grow all those Zinnias? Not just for bouquets, but for Summer rings!:Very easy to make. The stems are very strong for this purpose. Split the stem in half with your nail so you have 2 long strips right up to just under the flower. Wrap around the finger and tie a double knot. Voila'! Instant smiles and giggles for the children (and adults..). I especially like the button top multi layer zinnias above.
Grizzle nabbed on of the meat birds and punctured the crop. The rooster was still alive but I knew it would not last. So a new experience was given with the mishap and I butchered the chicken. Not messy as we were thinking it to be. Of course the meat was a bit scalded on the breast due to a few "extra for good measure" dunks in boiling water. I cleaned it out and stripped the skin since it will make chicken and dumplings for tomorrow's dinner. It is is sitting in ice cold water now. 13 more to go and that will be up at the Cabin, hopefully this weekend.

Speaking of the Cabin, I was up getting the front brakes and rotors fixed on my car and afterwards shot skeet. The guys were impressed with Natural knack for hitting the clay pigeon every time and it being my first time shooting them. I shot with a 12 gauge Stoeger shotgun. LOVED IT! I want one now. I am so addicted. I missed only 4 out 20. For a first timer and hitting them to dust, apparently is awesome! A natural. I impressed the guys and heard comments on how I shoot better then them. Of course the funny comment was when they said, I wouldn't want to be a robber breaking into her house. She's a sure shot!
Insert the happy yell. Maybe I have found a new hobby. Get good enough I could find some local competitions. LOL.
Shotgun dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...