Monday, July 20, 2009

Camping with my people & my 1st Farmer market

Last Friday was the first Farmers market. It rained before hand and delayed the set up. Not many people showed up but I still walked away with $30. And if you could have seen how dead it was, you would know that was good money for that day.
No, I did not take any pictures of the set up. The ground was so wet next to the lake we had to set up by the service road. I decided to just go with an umbrella and table stand for ease in set up/break down since my canopy I had made up takes about 10 minutes more then my current set up.
Panda had her camp out Birthday with her friends that same night (Friday) since we canceled the last weekend due to rain. And of course it was cold and rainy anyway. They still had a blast.
So after all that busy stuff, I woke up early Saturday to meet up with "my people" over in the Allegheny Forest for some Rustic camping. And once again no pictures since I was so tired and forgot my camera. My girl "White willow" brought hers and of course she can not upload the pics due to an AWOL USB cord. So I found this one online to show you how perfect the scenery was. It still does not do justice to the logging trail camping we did.( which by the way is FREE and the nearest people were a good 10-15 minute walk away). You could hear the river rushing just 10 feet from your tent and the dark green fauna was breath taking.

The river was cold so when we brought our chairs into the river with the cooler, my feet were the only things I wanted wet. After a bit, all of us women tried walking out and a few fell... Of course White Willow's husband could not let me go without some water splashed on me and my shorts were hung by the fire to dry as I walked around in my Boxer briefs. (perfect camping underwear due to their utilitarian uses. From shorts,swim wear, sleep wear to hiking shorts in my case.LOL.
I always have such a great time with them and look forward to our next trip which is in the plans for the end of August. I will be taking all 3 of my children and of course The Captain. It will be his "Birthday getaway".
I am going to Southern Ohio the first weekend in August with White Willow. We are going down to her mom's and helping out with an Amber alert Fund raiser the town holds. Her mom makes up pies to sell in front of their business and offered for me to sell my produce next to her.
I may help Bartending in the Family bar at night if they need an extra hand. Working for tips of course.
I have tomatoes which ripened this weekend to pick and a few other things in the garden need tending. The neighbors gave us sand from their play set area so it needs loading up and brought over for the chicken pen area. I promise I will start keeping the camera at my hip and no more forgetting. I am still knocking myself for not bringing it.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...