Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wardrobe change contemplation

Seeing such flattering lines from the vintage clothing, I am contemplating some new additions to my daily wear. One designer in particular has held me for years now. From first glance at her wrap dress with pantaloons peeking beneath the hem. The simplicity and flattering lines along with not exposing too much {not an issue to me but I am a romantic at heart}. So when asked "what would you like for gifts this year?, I responded "some Malphi Clothing!!
 The first Malphi design I discovered those years ago, would be the Verity dress and Bloomers:
I have such a love affair with old granny boots and leather knee high {low heel} boots. Another staple I now can indulge in since moving to the north. They go perfectly with her designs.
Another piece from her line I am desiring, would be this beautiful yet simple Edwardian influence Flounce skirt: 
Her line is so dreamy. So flattering and excuse my lack of a better word, but... sexy. I wish I could find patterns for these pieces,at least as close as possible to their look. I would be whipping up that new wardrobe like an elf in it's workshop.
The Captain and I have been discussing many things and one of them is my desire for more country living participation from the family. I hope this summer will be the changing point and I for once will be able to enjoy more fruits of OUR labor then past years. It can be so disheartening when you are the major worker of 5 humans consumption.
I would like to revert more into our life. Wear the clothing I like despite what others think. I want to fulfill the picture I have held in my head for decades. Wearing clothes like the above. Picking herbs and flowers from the gardens and tending the food growing. Throwing scratch to hens that are let to free range as I weed or trim the plants. Milking the goats or cow with my head resting on her side as I hum contently. THAT has been the drive behind my homesteading. It is not religion or government or frugal ways. It is being closer to Mother Earth. Enjoying life as she has intended. Not living in a neighborhood with others so close gossip flies from porches. I would be content with occasional visits from neighbors and family. Not see a soul of anyone outside our family for a week or two at a time.
Until the dream is reached, I will be content with what I can reap now. Beginning with those clothes!

Sweetest Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...