Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pecan Ball Cookie Recipe

This recipe has been in my family for years. Since I was a kid it's been a tradition with my mom, grandmother, sister and I getting together and baking these cookies every Christmas season. It's a cherished memory that I'll never forget and I'll definitely pass the tradition to my children one day.  


   Ingredients
 1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
 1 cup of butter at room temp. (2 sticks) 
 2 tsp vanilla flavor
 2 cups of regular flour (sifted)
 1/4 tsp of salt
 2 cups of finely chopped pecans



Mix steps 1-5 together then add the pecans and mix it into a thick dough {you may have to use your hands for mixing the dough together}, roll into small quarter size balls, put them on several greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes until golden brown. When they cool after a few minutes, roll them each in a bowl of powdered sugar and store them in a tin or air tight container. Enjoy!

I normally double this recipe, they last several weeks and are great for party's.

Thanks for stopping by!


hbcbutton

Michaela Noelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...