Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DIY Sheet Music Tree


I was in Anthropologie about a month ago and spotted this super cute paper tree. The $48 price tag turned my stomach a little bit, and I immediately thought "Hey, I could make that!" So I did for less than $3 and now I'm going to share it with you! This is a super easy project, it just takes some time to do... but when it's finished you'll be taken back by how charming this Christmas decor piece is!

Inspiration Paper Tree from Anthro
   

You will need:
A small wooden dowel
A piece of scrap wood for the base
Sheet Music book or similar printed paper
Scalloped scissors or paper cutter
Hole punch
A tree topper

Start by attaching your wooden dowel to a piece of flat scrap wood for the base. I drilled a hole big enough for the dowel to fit securely down into, through the top of the scrap board.

Grab an old music book and start cutting! I used scalloped scissors and started with squares about 6" in size, and just kept making them smaller as I went along. You will need a whole bunch of these! I made about 30 squares of each size.


Now all you have to do is start stacking your paper pieces (starting with the largest to the smallest) Just keep stacking! Keep your papers rotated randomly for that cone effect.


Add a small ornament or tree topper. {I used twine} That's all there is to it! Easy project. The most tedious part is cutting all of the paper, but the end result is worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...