Sunday, December 10, 2006

Beautiful Henny. How I adore you...

I made a trip to the Tractor supply for more feed. They had all their holiday gift items out for all to drool over. I received the flyer in the mail which included a sample of barnyard cookie cutters by Ann Clark Ltd.
They showed a rooster in the sample picture but my local TSC did not carry it. Instead they had one titled "The chicken". It is similar in shape to the "Henny" pictured above by Warren Kimble. I loved it and thought of how wonderful it would be to decorate our tree this year with barnyard cookie cutouts!
The children and I made a big batch this morning with our new cookie cutter and the recipe for butter cookies on the tag that comes along with the cutter. I added a bit of food dye to get a brown orange color similar to our old hen Fletcher. pictured above in the far left
I also added cinnamon and ginger to the batter. They came out beautiful! So perfect in fact I tried to get that darn@* camera to work but I do believe it has finally gave out. So most likely there will be no new pictures until after the holidays. We will purchase a new one as a family gift after the new year (hopefully).
My baby brother, "Army", will be sent a package of home baked goodies containing some of the Henny cookies with frosting, Some of the Apricot chocolate Rugelach, and a few others to soothe his sweet tooth from home. He has been ordered to take an officer training during the holiday time frame so will not be home to enjoy my cooking/baking. That's o.k though. He promised he would make a trip home after the new year towards Spring time.
So it seems we are to receive warmer weather and no more snow for a while. I am sure the girls will be happy since I have shut them into the goat cabin for majority of the day. I let them out for an hour or two after or before their feeding times since it has been less the 20 degrees F. Clyde & Mr. echo have been very diligent about keeping themselves as companions to the goat cabin too. They rarely associate with the chickens except at feed time. Otherwise they are hanging out with Chia & Cleo.
So I am now off to let the chickens roam the entire pen for the day. After all, Zoning is closed on the weekends...
Sunny dreams,
~Tammie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...