Friday, December 8, 2006

My curb side find and the belly drooping Cleopatra

Yep. Old wood frame 8 pane windows! There was a total of 5 sitting on the curb, but these 3 were the only ones fully intact. The 2 on the ends are of the same size and the middle one is somewhat bigger. I have plans for these babies. Big plans. But first I hope to get a winter family picture like this (picture a family of 5 and a duck named Clyde sitting on the bench) ~I made the bench ( and another one) last Spring from scrap wood I picked up at a lumber yard. ( I also made my own milking bench from all the scrap wood, which I shared on my old blog but not on blogger- so it may pop up in the spring with me *hopefully* milking one of the girls). I collected fallen pine branch's for the swag. The children and I made snowflakes to decorate our front windows and had some left to decorate these ones for our family winter picture. I sprayed a mist of water onto the windows and VERY quickly put the tissue paper snowflakes onto the wet spot. I then misted them again and of course it being 20 degrees F outside, they froze very nicely.
I misted the rest of the window space to give it a frosty illusion for the picture. There is a 100 feet tall pine tree there behind the windows too.










So now you know about my find that I have been absolutely giddy over. You see, These kind of finds are rare in my area. I know. I have been looking for years to find some like these. Now you may ask- "Farmchick, what exactly do you plan to do with your great find of windows?". Well I plan to repaint, distress, and add hardware to turn them into useful household decor. I plan to make one into a shelf and mirror. Imagine the big one rectangle shaped. Glass replaced with mirror and an old distressed piece of wood at the bottom for a shelf with angle cut end caps. Then I will add coat hooks along the shelf bottom. The other two will be used for pictures of our little unusual family and barnyard. They too will be repainted/repaired - but add some color then distressed and maybe add hinges so this can sit in a corner or something like that. Maybe I will add all B&W/antiqued pictures of us and the animals to add some character to our home corners.
But its first use is as you see above. It will be used as the winter picture backdrop. And yes. Clyde will be in our holiday picture card this year. I think it adds that extra greatness. LOL.
~On a different note~ Cleo is looking plump in the belly. Instead of wide it seems her belly droops. She does have some side belly to her but the droop is getting bigger and bigger. Her udder area has not shown anymore growth then what I have shared before. I will keep you posted on this. I find it very interesting that nowhere online do they share such information. They show udders in full milk or just before giving birth when they have swollen up. But no where does it show the gradual development in a goats udder during pregnancy. Chia of course has had babies before so she has the much larger teats and saggy skin around her abdomen and udder area. Lots of wonders in detecting various things in the animals. Words and descriptions just do not help when you know not what is in comparative for the situation. I have noticed many different changes in her "nether regions". From swollen and dark one day to flat and pale the next to only change to swollen and pink the next. I have yet to feel any babies. I am rather sad about that. I had really hoped to feel them moving by now. On Chia, she just has too much loose skin and chubbiness to her for me to even try for more then a minute. So my friends, I leave you to ponder and possibly share your ideas on what I should do with my trash to treasure find. I would love to hear what you would do with the 3 of them.
Sweet dreams
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...