Thursday, October 8, 2009

Look At These Alphabet Drawers In Solid Oak...An Investment Piece Of Furniture

I was re-reading one of my favourite books a few days ago, Sensual Home by Ilse Crawford, and I came across this passage of text...

'Spend more than you can afford on something that raises your spirits every time you see it, something you buy for instinctive reasons rather than rational ones. Then the rest of the furniture can take a back seat. You will always enjoy it - it's the 'sensible' buys you end up hating'.
And last night, I found these solid oak alphabet drawers on lushlee.com.


Image from Lushlee via Kent and London.

Aren't they amazing! Now there's an investment piece of furniture. At 2,700 English pounds, they certainly aren't cheap. But boy, what a talking point.

What a beautiful, long lasting, quality 'heirloom in the making' furniture find.

I went over to Kent and London and found some more pics to share.






Last 3 images from Kent and London.

Inspired by vintage printing blocks, the chest of 26 drawers is made from solid oak - the perfect place to file everything from A-Z! What a stunning finish - gorgeous texture and grain.

And, I've always had a 'thing' about letters as part of decorating..... I love quotes written directly onto walls, wooden letters used as parts of display, those A and Z bookends you can get!

These alphabet drawers instinctively draw me to them.

I wish I had the budget for them!

Tell us:  Do you have a piece of furniture you probably couldn't afford but had to have anyway?

It's Julia's weekly blog party over at Hooked on Houses.... visit to see what other people are hooked on this week!

Cheers,

Linda.

******
Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...