Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spring Mantel

Now that Valentine's Day is over that means Spring is just around the corner. I'm really looking forward to warmer weather! Today I want to share with you our Spring Mantel that I put together for the store. 


It has a mix of nature- inspired elements including branches and moss, neutral colors from the canvas books, concrete and terracotta pots with fresh greenery, a framed bird print, and a little red bird. 


I adore this mantel because it has so many special details and the mirror really adds a lot of character to this revamped mantel.


To make this fun- shaped object, I simply folded the pages of a vintage paperback book. 


I added buttons, twine and numbered tags to the canvas wrapped book bundles.


This aged terracotta pot was a freebie at a recent estate sale. Can't beat that!


I like to play around and mix different textures and materials with old and new pieces to create vignettes around the store. This Spring Mantel has all of those elements combined.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...