Saturday, May 5, 2007

Lazy mans potato bed

This morning I am feeling the aftermath of a few too many woodchucks (I indulge on occasion but these went smoothly) and a bonfire head throb. So I will direct you to a forum thread on the beds I mentioned for doing my potatoes. It has a few pictures which will help illustrate what I wanted to share. Excuse my sloppiness/laziness today.
*So here ya go*


All the plants are in the ground except the broccoli and cauliflower. Well that and the sunflowers. Panda has requested another sunflower house.
Looking back, I see there is not a single picture showing its final height. This shows the height but I cannot find any with blooms open. About 8-10 feet high. Remember how huge the heads were? The tops drooped from the load of seeds. Not sure we will put it in the same spot as last year. Maybe make it up by the magic tree in a spot by the garden beds. I will discuss it with Panda when she returns from her weekend trip, across the border with her Grams.
I have 2 climbing rose bush's I picked up last week. I have yet to figure out where to put them. The beds in front are now grassed and the the others have a concrete slab about 16 inches down. I would place them by the Goat Cabin but the sun does not reach it enough, once the cottonwood has greened up. I will keep looking.....
Dirt Digging Dreams,
Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...