Sunday, May 13, 2007

Peek into my messy garden...

Sugar pie pumpkin sprouting Spinach taking its first glimpse

and just a peek at one of 4 gardens beds:


in front is broccoli & cauliflower Timber framed Lettuce bed has butter crunch (bright green sprouts) and romaine lettuce (in the back half not really visible).

I have a small trench running the length of my beds. I put wide wood boards there for the toads to hide under. I have to give reminders to the kids about how we want the toads to stay around the garden so stop lifting the boards! There seems to be at least one under them at every "lifting". So I must be doing something right. The stones in the beds are for stepping. Little helpers cannot reach the middle with their watering cans and need safe spots to plant their feet.
Bonnie and Clyde have been reintroduced to the main pen. They have been doing great! Of course it was not my idea. I was sitting on the back deck late the
other night and saw something white moving on the hill. I kept staring and then noticed what ever it was, it was shaking its butt at me. I yell out "bonnie- clyde". and they start waddling my way. That was the first night of having their pen cover removed and Clyde decided he wanted to go home to his old pen with his new lady. So Be it.

Mr. Turken was getting the crap beat out of him (by Clyde) and so was Mrs. Turken. So a switch in pens was best- the Turkens in the old 'scovy pen - the 'scovy's in the main pen with Lady Chia & Captain feather~sword's old lady harem. I wonder why he picked on just them. Clyde demands room for Bonnie and keeps the other's away from her during feed time. He is sure to clear way for her to sit in the nest at night- Dr.Seuss's favorite spot which is sometimes shared with her- and keeps her in his sight at all times. I do believe he loves her...
For Mother's day I got a new sewing machine. Nothing major. Its a Singer "Simple". I like the extra embroidery automatic stitches. Very nice touch for a machine under $100.
My first project to be sewn comes from the inspiration of SouleMama. Making a picnic tablecloth and matching napkins. Not exactly like hers, but the idea came from reading her blog. I will be doing the "rock pockets". Just LOVE that idea. It will also be dual purpose. A lawn blanket/picnic tablecloth. durable, warm for those chilly late summer nights and pleasing to the eye. Can't wait to share- heres hoping it comes out how I envision **cheers** and
Summer dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...