Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My poor apple tree & "Nature boy"

Last year, I sprayed the apple tree with an oil based "organic" spray from gardens alive. Did not help at all. So this year it seems they have doubled their inforcements and taken over the poor thing!I assume aphids. It did make me smile to se the black ant attacking- or so it appears.
The fruit have been formed no more then a few weeks and they already look like this:I fear there will be another apple-less harvest from our yard. Since we are bringing in the bees, I am double positive my hands are tied. The animal pen resides under its branches, so chemicals are a NoNO anyway. I read jalepeno sauce/puree,tobacco,garlic and something else mixed and sprayed- but the thought of me spraying this 30ft or taller tree just made me laugh. I tried that last year and after climbing through its branch's still could only get the main half of it. Why did the previous owners let this thing get so massive?!
Nature boy (aka lil'man) and I were walking the grounds perimeter while Frog took her afternoon nap. He quickly spotted this:I have no idea what it is. Do you? Nature boy quickly found a use for it.Reminds me of those little yard trolls especially the way he is sitting.
I leave you with a look at the "grain skating turkey diva champion".I swear she's smiling...
Sweet dreams, ~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...