Monday, May 5, 2008

A bunch of ramblings and stay tuned!

My time at Roseanna's brought a few new experiences my way. I fed a new born calf colustrum . I overcame a fear of large animals. Namely, Roseanna's many heifers... Walking around , into part of the herd and feeling stomachs for baby calf's. Of course having my arms and jeans licked by those sandpaper tongues did make me laugh. But feeling a calf kicking from its mothers stomach, was just as enjoyable when feeling a human mothers growing belly.That instant surprise of "Oh- it kicked" and feeling the smile form on your face. Living life this way brings so many joys. You realize not every one can see the simple yet intricate moments of Mother Nature. The pure Aw of it all that most are blind to. Too busy to slow down and really see.

I am not a philosophical person. I am simple in many ways. I do not like to debate with people unless I am in a bad mood. I like to create a smile on their face. A laugh from their lips. A brightness in their eyes. After all, how often do people feel that way with such busy lives and work days? Sadly, not enough.
Since discovering the Homesteading lifestyle, I can truly say I have never been happier. Ever.
I converse with my animals as you may see someone speak to a child, a dog, or cat. And they listen. They really listen. Example being Bonnie hanging out in the road and I start telling her how she needs to get back in the yard- she waddles back and makes little squeaks at me until she reaches the pen. She waits for me to catch up and gently lift her back in. I have seen a few neighbors drop their mouths in aw over the way they listen.
(Chia lost a horn nub scur where you see the blood)But anyway, I have been discovering so many herbs and plants in the yard. I do believe I found a grape vine?- or something... Anyone know what is exactly?And Enchinacea. Mullein. And Yarrow. I think.. And something else I recognize but the name completely escapes me....
While we were exploring the yard, we decided to move the beehive and mow the area. Which I dropped.....On my bare foot... And now have a fat lump on top. Too sore to walk on but I limped around through my garden duties anyway. All the radish, rutabaga, turnips, greens,Kohlrabi, collards, etc are in the ground now.
Another toad house has been erected for a very plump toad Lil' Man found on our deck. A childs creative idea on it's decor, but we are after all- not your average family. I mean, how many people can say they have a sod roof toad house on the edge of their frog pond. In the middle of their garden. Not many.
Stay tuned for an upcoming giveaway this week! Panda and I had a little photo shoot for her idea on the giveaway today. She has such great ideas. Can't wait to share with you soon.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...