Friday, May 2, 2008

Look who's home and who went "M.I.A"

We have been chopping wood from 3 trees and from the left limb of the Magic tree. The limb could not be saved as we had planned. Once The Captain was up close, He realized the limb snapped at an angle that cause the cracking to go under the outer limb. It is not very pretty, but I refused to have the entire portion of the limb gone. You can see the black tree wound topping in this picture:And you can see from above, Fernie is home with her baby! Is he not just adorable with those ears?! Fernie remembered her home. Once out of the car, she bolted straight for the gate! I Had to get a few pics before she hid away in the goat cabin- as she always had before. So far so good with her and Chia. It is almost as though Chia is trying to play, but Fernie is a passive gal, and avoids conflict. She herds her baby to the other side and Chia has left him alone. Other then some sniffing of the baby and some extreme "Chia at my side" behavior, I would say all is normal.
I am so very tired and discovered I am allergic to alfalfa hay... which driving for 2 hours with it in the back, blowing bits about, made for a miserable trip back home.
I have more to share but just want to go sleep...
Before I go, look who I found? Oh, thats right.. You did not know she was missing. It's been a week since my last post being that The Captain has been on vacation.
Normally Mrs.Frizzle is visible at all times. The occasional sneak away but nothing long. I finally found her sitting on a lone duck egg... So we put her in a nest box and let her keep 1 more duck egg and 1 Dr. Seuss egg. Our farmer friend asked if we had anymore males for his lone female and conveniently we found Mrs.Frizzle on that egg. We will let her have 1 more for good measure- and being a tiny bantam, is all she needs.
She's puffing up her feathers, to warn everyone off:

I will fill you in more of my day at Roseanna's and a special surprise, soon
Counting goats now, so...
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...