Friday, May 30, 2008

Farm country weekend~ part DOS (2)

I do not get many overnight trips without at least one child in tow. This trip was the first time I had ever been away from Frog for so long. I started to miss my children half way through the trip... And it was just Friday night through Sunday morning....

(pictures coming soon! I will have to teach Tuesday how to download from her different camera...)
After what seemed like a long day of yard sales and open air markets, we stopped at one last yard sale. As we pulled in by the roadside, my eyes quickly connected to a large gem which I have been drooling and dreaming of for so many years. In that instant I pictured it's many hours of use. Saving my hands and back from the abuse that comes from the hard work that has been played out each and every year. taking days to finish the task which this workhorse would have done in half of a day.... I walked up to her (yes - her!) I stared with anticipation before searching out the price tag. Then I saw it. A neon green circle with an already low price. Dare I talk her down? Would she be insulted? I knew what I had in my purse and did not want to hand her the larger bill after talking her down. Tuesday's Mom saw the gleam in my eye. My direct Beeline path to she sat... She knew I wanted her. She could read the desire in my eyes and grinning smile on my face. One of a true dirt working lover. She knew the family through her church and quickly spoke up for me, since my mouth was still in awww. "What would you take for it?" The woman responded, "how about $65?"..... Tuesday's Mom looked at me for a response and I just smirked...I knew I had $50 and that larger bill in there... I sat and thought for a few minutes before speaking up. "I'm going to offer $50, if you want to think about it for a few minutes, please do." After all, I still had to buy flooring for the dining room. I just brought the bigger bill for back up money in case of an emergency...such as the last pit stop for all those very cheap garden plants-strawberries, raspberries, chives, and such...

She walked into the house to speak with her mother and after a few minutes came back out and said O.k. 50 it is. Talk about pure ecstasy! I could hear the birds singing over the whizzing cars. My heart was pounding. But while this was going on, some guy had walked up to my heavy petting of my new toy and loudly said- after she took my money-"I'll give you $65"! I look over and responded "Not cool man!" Then he shrugged and started to walk away and threw out "I'll give $100 for the tiller". I looked up from my tight grip on her handles, releasing one hand to shake a finger at him while saying" Bad Karma Dude! Bad Karma!"

Then the jerk had the audacity to spit out "I'll give you $200 for that tiller!" Then Tuesday spoke up and yelled"It's sold, Asshole!" Thats my girl! She's got my back. She knew how much that tiller meant to me. The years of back breaking work digging the soil with a shovel. Working it up to richer and healthy (now much less clay) garden dirt.

So now, how do we get this thing home?

I begged Tuesday's brother to bring it back to their Mom's house. Once there, we discovered the trailer had a flat and the tags...Well, they forgot to get the tags for their new trailer. So now there I was, with my best pleading innocent woman voice and doll eyes pleading for Danny boy to bring my baby home. (yes I did play that card!) He agreed after giving me a good intentions hard time.

I have played with her everyday since! Finding new areas that just had to be tilled for new seeding with my Roto~Hoe 4 seasons model 990-5. I even let the Captain play with her to till up the old pen area where he wanted grass to grow again. Tractor boy, my beloved dear Tractor boy, came out when I first had her up in the garden and gave her a good look over. He noticed she was sputtering some and adjusted/fine tuned her. He even replaced the spark plug from his supplies then checked the oil. Oh how i love our tractor boy. He always comes to my rescue with mechanics. From jump starting the lawn mower battery (who knew it was under the seat?) To pittering with my new toy....

I dreamed of painting her blush pink with black pin stripes...The Captain would have non of that. "Save it for you tractor"...... O.k honey..... But my tractor WILL be pink with black pin stripes!

"Yes dear. What ever you say".....

Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...