Thursday, May 15, 2008

Guess what I'm up to now? Plus bucket surprise and pot of wax

This week has been all wet weather with a few hours of sunshine. Still leaving the ground too damp to play in. I have instead distracted myself sewing for Frog and playing in the workshop with a new project. Anyone care to guess what this will be? (not the best framing job, but I'm not a carpenter!) To give a hint, it is not for animals but is for protection of something outside.... I will let you know soon when it is complete!
Today I come home to a surprise in a bucket! I have my Akron Homesteading group with a few people very close to our home. One of whom offered up some Horseradish. I practically fell over this bucket, not seeing it at all. Then stared at it, like where did this come from? Of course looking all around like someone would be standing in the woods watching me... Oh come on. You would do it too.I have no idea how long it had been out there today, but was left with a little note from my fellow local Homesteader Chris. The note read "Here is some Horseradish! Figured I'd just find the house with goats. Haha. ~Chris".... Just some, ay? Thats a lot of Horseradish! Thank you so very much Chris. It brightened my day. Just feel bad that my place is looking rather unkempt and the animals pen is less desirable with the everyday rain and wrecked fencing.. What a first impression I must have gave...
I have all 9 old frames from the beehive scrapped clean of the beeswax. This is a massive stockpot and is over half full of the stuff.
I hope everyone has their comment in for the giveaway. You have until 9pm tonight to get it in. (Most likely, I will not do the hat pick until tomorrow, so any late lurkers will not be excluded.)
Seagrass tagged me for a MeMe, which I will try to get to here soon. Still deciding on my answers. Some are hard since I have to choose just one of my favorites...
Stay tuned for giveaway winner and be sure to get your comment in if you have not already!
Sweet Sunny Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...