Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Farm country weekend- part Uno

I am back from our mini weekend Girl trip. i had such a great time and found some of the most amazing deals on plants and a new "toy". Tuesday and I took off Friday afternoon and drove out to middlefield. We stayed at her mom's cabin, which she lives in full time.

getting contraband at a small town store for the long drive...

We stopped at a river bed by her mom's place and collected large river stones. I did not get too many, but enough to put a pathway in front of the house.
Tuesday's Mom gifted me this wonderful grain mill! She knew I was on the look out for one as we traveled throughout the day. She surprised me with it while we waited on my new "toy" (more on that later) to arrive. She had purchased it with her late husband from Lehmans many years back.
Traveling the roads up there, we discovered many yard side stands with plants. I found some creeping thyme in large pots for $4 a piece. Big and beautiful ones to go in a pathway.
After much excitement, it was time for us to return home to our families. But we could not resist one last stop at another roadside plant stand. We found strawberries at $1 a pot- which had at least 2 large crowns in each. I bought every one of them. I think there were 10 pots. A large parsley plant for Tuesday at $1. 2 large chive plants at $1. 2 big beautiful Raspberry plants at $3 a piece and 1 medium size Raspberry for $1. I took all they had except the 3 horseradish plants. I wiped them out! What a great find that place was.
I have more to share on my new "toy", but am awaiting on Tuesday's downloading of her camera...Hurry up, girl! I will share soon!
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...