Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Butterflies Made From Maps........ Wow!

OK.....

.... I've 'gotta thing' for butterflies, and I've 'gotta thing' for maps.

So, when I came across these today.... two personal fascinations collided with glee! Two of my most favourite things combined into one - magnificent!

Oh how I'd love some of these to put on my wall. They're not cheap though..... ranging between 200 and 500 pounds each. I wonder if I could do something similar myself with some old maps and my scrapbooking templates or tools? Hmmmmmm....


The name of the wondrous people who make these treasures is 'Image Surgery'. Gotta love that in itself.

The first butterfly, above, is made from an original vintage street map of Rome.

The butterflies below are made from original vintage street plans of Rome and London, and geological surveys from Australia and Africa.



The gorgeous butterfly above is made from an original vintage map showing the River Severn Estuary northeast of Chepstow, including the towns of Hewelsfield, Woolaston, Purton and Sharpness.

You can see more butterflies made from things like lunar charts, celestial charts, and different maps at Image Surgery's fab website.

What a stunning way to bring two things I love most into my home environment in a simple, yet eye-catching way.

Do you like them?

Linda. xox

******
More - What have you 'gotta thing' for? I've 'gotta thing' for these...

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...