Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bride of Frankenstein & the Werewolf {Mum & Son dance}

Lil man's school began having a Mother & son dance last year. This year's theme was The Monster Jam which also meant one of my favorite things. COSTUMES!
I  Picked up a Vera Wang bed sheet from the thrift store and whipped up my costume as well as finding platform chunky boots. I refused to wear a wig so when I found a Bump it on sale at the hair supplies store, I grabbed it. Although it did not help that much, I ended up teasing my long hair & I swear, so much hair spray was used to get it to stand that I should have worn a "flammable" sign!
My lil Man went as a werewolf.
 I found faux hair we cut into small strands and applied by small pieces to his face & chest. For anyone attempting this with spirit glue as your adherence substance, grab a cuticle orange wood stick! Use it to place the hair onto the face where you applied the spirit gum. It goes on without a hassle & saves you the sticky fingers with hair looking as though you have an issue.
We did have a prosthetic nose but the spirit glue would not hold it on very long {note we also has an issue with the ears but we kept tapping them back in place- having the hair close to their face edges helped keep it miraged}. The pictures do not do justice on how well he looked. He was even elected to be in the costume contest but beat out by the kid in a K.I.S.S mask... I think his groupies followed him, otherwise he would have slaughtered it! They had to redo the crowd loudness vote 3 times between them!
We have 2 additions to the Hen yard and I have a trip to the Mormon cannery to share but tonight I will cut this short. I have not been feeling well and found out I will be going in for an ultra sonic breaking of kidney stones that will not pass. Yay me! {sarcasm intended}.
I will share more on all the latest news on the hen yard, the cannery & such soon. I even have special permission to get some video footage inside the cannery when I make another trip this week!
Now I must go wash my hair a few times and hope the knots come out. Plus I have werewolf hair to pluck from my son's chest & face...
Until next time...
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...