Thursday, March 28, 2013

DIY Moss Letters

It's starting to feel more like springtime around here and I'm absolutely loving it! 


Last year I made several of these moss letters for gifts and received so many compliments so I thought I would make some to sell at the store. Needless to say, they have been popular and I've been busy-as-a-bee making them for our customers. I just wanted to share a few with you today. 


I have seen these moss letters from local boutiques and Pottery Barn... but they are usually $60-80 each. Wow, a little too much for me, especially since you can make them for A LOT less. 

These were fairly easy to make once I had all of my supplies on hand. 

For this project I used a 13 inch tall wooden letter, sheet moss, hot glue gun, utility knife, scissors, and burlap ribbon. 


First I laid the moss out and cut around the shape of the letter by leaving enough moss to cover the edges of the letter once it was glued in place. Some letters are trickier to cover than others, to me the best way is to glue in sections by making slits around the shape of the letter. Then I just hot glued the excess moss around the back of the letter. Once that was dry, I flipped the letter over and filled in any gaps along the edges of the letter with extra moss... it blends well because of the texture. Lastly I made a burlap bow and glued it to the back of the letter for easy hanging.



I'm sharing with The Shabby Nest, Craftberry Bush, One Astsy Mama, 504 Main, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Create Craft Love, Home Stories A to Z, Too Much Time on my Hands, Nifty Thrifty Things, Funky Junk Interiors, and Jennifer Rizzo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...