Monday, March 25, 2013

A vintage sewing box that turned out to be a treasure trove, full of retro fabrics


Recently I bought an old sewing box from a family clearing the house of an elderly lady who had passed away. I took the box without having a proper look what was inside as I was mainly interested in the vintage style box itself. A few weeks later as I rediscovered the box and opened it up, I found the most amazing stack of 1960s and 70s fabrics, all neatly folded and in the most vibrant colours and crazy patterns, some of them by 1960s textile designers Barbara Brown and Bernard Wardle.
It made me wonder what kind of lady she was, this woman who picked those fabulous fabrics all those years ago and used them for her own creative projects. She must have loved bold colours and graphic patterns as much as I do. She sure had great taste!

I can't wait to make them all into beautiful Summer cushions, which I'm sure the old lady would have liked very much if she she was still with us. Here are three cushions I have made so far;




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...