Monday, March 11, 2013

DIY Faceted Clay Rings

Contributor post by Chelsea of Lovely Indeed


I've been loving the metallic trend that's happening right now, and I especially love it when it's combined with cool geometric shapes. So I dreamed up a simple little DIY that puts my two loves together, and the result is pretty cool, if I do say so myself! I'm loving these stackable, interchangeable clay rings.


If you want to make a few, gather your materials!
  • modeling clay (I used Fimo Classic)
  • X-Acto knife
  • oven and baking pan
  • liquid gilding (I used Martha Stewart brand in Gold, Brass, and Copper)
  • small paintbrushes
  • bamboo skewers

Start by molding a small amount of clay into a strip that's square on all sides. Make sure the strip is long enough to wrap around your ring finger.


CONTINUE READING...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...