Monday, May 13, 2013

Photog share & Year 2 Mrs. Robin in the potter's shed


 Remember last year when a certain Mrs. Robin made a nest on my garden hoe blade that leaned on the back wall of my potter shed? Her eggs hatched out & the babies survived, flying away by June. I finally had my shed back with plans to thwart such an event from ever keeping me from enjoying the benefits of a potter shed.
That didn't work out so well... She's back and this time she made a nest in the corner of the shelf under the window. It began as 3 eggs...

 Within a week of our discovery, 3 became 7... As of the other day, what I assume were the first 3 eggs, hatched out. I have not been back to grab my tools since this shot taken last Saturday.
Apparently my sharing of the shed with her 2 years in a row does not cause enough distress to where she does not feel it to be a proper nesting sight. In fact, I think she is & feels far safer being hidden yet surrounded by the openness of the field. Safe inside with a view from both windows and the missing door  giving a great defense from sneak attacks.{yeah, I never did get that back on}.
I'll keep you up to date on how this whole 7 eggs things work out.
Photography has been my consume all of late. I've stepped down from my previous consume all of the gardening and animals. As mentioned before, it became too much work and not enough enjoyment being the main & majority source of labor. The garden is not as big. We are bringing in a trio of Welsh Harlequins due to hatch the end of this month and will keep things simple from now on. 
I have debated a new site, like I have not done that a hundred times. I may very well do it this time, linking into this site or simply share the link for those who wish to stop in and watch my progress and experiments within photography. I'm hooked on themes & story telling with my photos. No matter how small, my drive is behind the inclusion of a theme.
 I thought I would share my latest practice & experimentation which consisted of Panda & a guy friend. Yes. He's a guy and not a boy being this Fall they become Freshmen.
This time out was not about capturing the right light as most know really makes the shot. I've had some beginner issues using my new 50mm 1.8 lens. Getting both faces in focus, finding the right angle, the right pose & surroundings to make it happen. This happens to be in the #1 slot of the top 5 in the shots that day.

I really do not like having my signature copyright image overlay in the photos but stealing images is rampant on the net. Not giving credit of source as well as playing it off as their own. I try to make it more discreet but hard to hide should someone post or share elsewhere..

Yes. That's Panda. Lil Miss going on 14 in 6 weeks. 
I strongly feel railroad tracks have been overdone in the sense of so many doing "the walk down tracks" look. My own treasured photo from May 2010 showcasing my 3 kiddos is of that very scenario, taken with a point and shoot. I love that photo and will recreate the same shot every 2-3 years as they grow for a series on my future "old lady hall of photos". Just not a shot I would willingly take for others.
 I discovered this great abandoned warehouse environment a few towns over. The railroads are dominant in our area from the Past industrial meets farming life. The two of them proceeded to do their own thing, wanting to explore around the factory as I snapped away.  It's not the common railroad scenario, giving it exclusion from my above mentioned notation.

Panda is showing her own interest in Photography with plans of having it as her Minor in college.. which is in just 4 years... She has become my assistant {the reflector holder} as well as a source of inspiration & ideas with our themes. The clothing and hair for this very shoot were all her doing.
There is something about this shot I just love. The softness of her face and the playful shadows dappling with light from the apple tree above. I would have played more within this area but alas, the heathens were tired and hungry. An area in the plans for another day playing with light & shadow experimentation. 
To see the full set of this practice session, which I titled Summer of Youth, hop over to this Flickr link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/95517275@N02/sets/72157633434194768/
I'll try not to be so absent from my posts in the future. The decision on the start of another site may come into play being I have less Farm Chick and more Shutterbug going on in my life. I'll let you know what I decide.
Sweetest Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...