Thursday, May 2, 2013

Butterflies + A Tea Party for Mom's Day


Contributor post by Janis Nicolay of Pinecone Camp.

I love a little origami, and I love a little baking...makes for a happy Mom's Day tea party. Ms. Poppytalk herself popped over to my house, to help fold some butterflies and set up for the shoot. I'm definitely going to replicate this for my mom next weekend. So glad I have all these butterflies ;)

Jan, bringing over the marmalade sugar cookie sandwiches to the table

Here's a "how-to" clip of making the butterflies. It's pretty simple, and hard to stop once you start. I scanned in some pretty fabric, to make my origami paper. These butterflies were made with 10 inch squares. How-to clip recorded by Robert Edmonds.




Butterflies were simply taped onto braided ribbon and pinned to wall (left). I didn't have napkins that worked with everything, so I stitched up some scraps of raw cotton, with bright yellow thread.


I wrapped a few small pots of rosemary, origami style, as table decoration and to give away to guests apres party. 


Marmalade sugar cookie sandwiches. Pistachio raspberry cake, lime ricotta muffins. The cute stand that the cookies are on, is from the Cross. All recipes are over at Pinecone Camp - click here to get the recipes.



Do you have plans for mom's big day? Fill us in!

Have a good day!
janis

Produced and photographed by Janis Nicolay.  To get the recipes for this feature, click here and visit Janis online:

Site:  janisnicolay.com
Blog: Pinecone Camp
Twitter: @PineconeCamp
Instagram: instagram.com/pineconecamp

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...