Sunday, September 23, 2007

middle name game

Here are the rules: You have to post these rules on your blog. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you do not have a middle name, choose one you would like to have. When tagged, write your own blog post containing your middle name facts. At the end, choose one person to tag for each letter of your middle name. Then leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged.

Of course today catches me in a rather sad mood and it comes through with my writings. It's not like you have to read it :) .

S~ for Soleil - my middle name. I changed not only my last name, but my middle name when I married my husband. I would have changed my first name but decided it may get too confusing for those who we are friends with. I did it to erase any "ownership" and memories with the people who gave birth to me. (don't get me started on those pathetic & poor examples of parents!) The sound of my old middle name made me cringe when hearing it. Once upon a time I liked it, but soon it became very "hickish" sounding. I chose Soleil for its meaning in french "sun". The sun comes up and starts a new day, giving and nurturing life. A new beginning. My husband and children gave me the Sun and moon. They gave me love as I have never had. It is also Frog's middle name and Panda's is also a sky related middle name.
So in marrying my husband, I start a new beginning, a new and better life. Does this make any sense to anyone else?
anyway...
O~this is a hard one...Ocean. I use to live by the Ocean for most of my life. In fact, I lived just 50 feet from it for 6 months in Pompano beach. Wonderful memories from the years I lived in that city. Once a storm caused a group of sea cows -aka- Manatees to come within 20 feet of the shore. I had my snorkel and fins with me so I swam out and observed them underwater. Their size is breathtaking. I reached out and touched one as it swam by with its baby. They just hung out with in 5 feet of me, not minding my presence. It was getting darker so I swam back to shore and continued to watch them from our balcony till they were gone. It is a memory I hope to still remember in my old age.

L~Luna. Panda use to watch Bear in the big blue house.
At the end, Bear would climb to his attic and sing with the moon "luna" a goodbye song . So it became a ritual with her that we say goodnight to luna, like Bear, before tucking her in for the night. That show began my search for more in the way of Pagans. I know it sounds odd to some, but something about singing to the moon awoke my "Paganistic" curiosity which was always there, but never explored. Luna woke my feelings of Nature spirituality and the Path to now was opened. All because of a child's t.v show song. Panda was the one who taught me what it is to be a mother and my life truly began when I had her.

E~ Evening. There is something about the evening in Spring, Summer and Fall that seem so magical, even as an adult. I could stay out all night watching the bats flying close, the bonfire crackling, and the lightning bugs twinkling their signals. Sitting out in the evening with my family is one of the highlights of our "comfortable weather" times.

I~ "I" feel lonely & dream alot. Moving to Ohio may have been the right path at the time, but I feel I got off track and need to catch up. I can feel this is not where I am meant to stay in life. "I" just want a medium large cottage home with chickens, muscovies, a Dexter cow, maybe a sow, too. Nothing too large. at least 5 acres with plenty of room away from the neighbors to keep the gossip down. After all, sitting under the full moon naked may not make the best impression. So "I" have a dream and it is for what most want. A peaceful, happy life with true friends.

L~ we're back here again huh... Laughter. I desire a home filled with joyful laughter. People centered around the heart of my home ~ the kitchen~ and enjoying life together. Laughter is like a song to me. Your own song of happiness. (corny ay?) It is a song of happiness and it does not matter if its out of key. It will still make you smile.

So there you go. The name game. I do not want to make anyone do it, but feel free to join in if your feeling froggy. Just leave me a comment when you have yours up so I can peer into your life too. (I'm laughing here...) So go on already. Start brainstorming what the letters in your middle name have to do with anything in your life.
Sweeter dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...