Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sneak peek at Panda's scarecrow...

Ummm. Yeah. About the white couch in a home with small kids... They ruined our expensive set so I bought this nice yet old one from the 50's or 60's era for $30 at the thrift store. Cheaper then couch covers and nicer too.
Our little Panda has been embroidering( top stitching) her Owl's face all afternoon. She is not real quick at sewing yet. Kinda fun helping her while she sits on my lap using my machine. She has a hard time with the pedal speed on my newer machine. It is more touchy then my previous one. Other then a guiding a hand and small suggestions, she has done it all. As I write, she is sitting on the couch watching "Drake and Josh" while she does the above. One of those moments that make you go wo... she is not so little anymore. Other then the occasional door slam ( which I ignore), she is such a well behaved kid. A delicate flower with her mothers temper... Bad combination. Makes for some cute tantrums though.

Her goal was to have the face done by tonight and finish up the rest next weekend. Entries have to be in by the 1st and scarecrow's dropped off at the Historical society/town hall on the 14th. They are asking residents to come in and "vote" on the scarecrows. Guess I best let everyone know she is participating and ask for them to go go and participate in the voting.
I sure hope she at least places in the top 3. It would be a great boost to her sewing ego and hopefully makes her aware of how her hard work paid off.
I'm dicing up green tomatoes for some of my yummy chutney. It got down to 39 degrees F last night, so you know what that means.. Aall the leftover veggies need picked and processed into chutney's this week.(and some fried green tomatoes southern style!)
We also harvested 11 sugar pie pumpkins from just 6 plants. 3 of which were in lil man's garden arena by the lettuce bed. He buried them in heavy clay soil, yet they gave us 3 small decent pumpkins. The rest were from the family garden.
I did notice this years tomato garden produced way less then any other year yet the foliage was beautiful and big. In fact, it is still pumping out pumpkin & tomato flowers. Too much nitrogen maybe? What can I mix in to decompose over the winter to balance it out? I thought adding that compost earlier in the year would help, but now I am thinking I may have caused an imbalance of some sort..
Those green tomatoes will ripen if I keep putting off finishing the batch. There are just so many that are small like a grape. A real pain to cut so many in half .
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...