Monday, September 24, 2007

(Revised)~My arm and the update on that homestead

I had a few tests for my arm problem today. Turns out I have sever carpal tunnel in my right arm with muscle damage and a case of carpal tunnel in my left. Test will take 3 days to get to my doctor and it seems the right arm will need surgery and the left will just get therapy/night brace.
Who knew. I just thought it was something minor. No biggee. But since i do have a high tolerance to pain, I have done further damage by ignoring the problem, thinking it would go away.
On another note, we have spied a home we are looking into as an investment. It is an older cape cod style with a huge horse barn (with electric and water), a pond, and sits on 7 acres. The home is surrounded by farms, & fields. It is a smaller home then here. Just under 1,000 sq ft but it is set up so an extension can be added on to the back for a master bedroom suite. The price is right and now I just need to investigate it some more to be sure it would be the deal we want.
**UPDATE***
Spoke with the listing agent and found out the daughter is living in the home and it is becoming to much for her to upkeep- which is why she is selling it. After many questions I found out some very interesting facts. The parents raised all their own meat, Fruit and veggies with this property. This is where they raised their children and lived out their days in this world. It is 230 feet frontage going back 1324 feet (giving 7 acres). In the horse barn is- get this- A WALK IN COOLER! The son is storing his motorcycle in it now since they are not raising animals for meat & farming the property. It will need a new roof on house & barn- From the drive-by the barn appeared newer but after stopping to get these pics, I got a much better view.Here is a side shot showing some of the open area where we would put some of the dexter cows and poultry housing.The left area would need cleaned up but somewhere in that tree area is the pond. (I was in a ditch since I was afraid to just wander someones property.) We would cut down about 5o feet back of the trees for firewood and fence posts. This would open up more area for the cattle and leave more flat space for the gardens/hay crop.
This is one end of the barn:Yes, I know it is covered in vines. The realtor said on the inside it is not as bad as you would think when seeing the above. It does need a little work but nothing simple carpentry and a new roof couldn't handle. (so she says). But I still like it.
And this is showing some of the house back:
There are beautiful and maintained apple trees dotted throughout and i do believe i saw grapevines! What kind, I do not know.
We have set up our walk through for next monday. It is killing me to wait a whole week. I have no patience for this stuff. It already meets most (80%) of our criteria except being a smaller home with average work to be done. BUT at that price we could not touch 7 acres in the area with a livable home of any size bigger. Besides, it is only 243 sq feet smaller then what we have now. Just take off one smaller bedroom and there you go. And the older kids already share a room with bunk beds. What's a few more years? They would get the master bedroom (21ft X 12ft) which is bigger then the room I share with The Captain now.
It may work out after all. The hopes are if we put in a bid, she would be willing to wait it out till our home sells. The hope is if we explain we want the property to use as it always has been- A homestead. No dividing it up for condos or destroying the beauty her parents worked so hard on. Updates and moderning will need to be done, but it will remain as is. We are looking at an extension to the back for a master bedroom suite later on. I plan to do more inspecting and noising around on this one. I LOVE IT!
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...