Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's An Owl Doorstop!! Plus, Some Of My Own Owls...


How cute is this!! Pretty obvious why I love him, being the owl fancier I am!

Here's a group of some of my owls. These ones reside in my living room on one of my bookshelves. The little one was given to me by a close friend, who bought it while she was overseas in England. It's a Minerva Owl (named after the Roman Goddess of wisdom). These owls are meant to be potent symbols of wisdom and philosophical thought.


The second biggest one was also given to me by that same friend. We were out shopping together and I pounced on it, and she then pounced on me, swooped it out of my hands, and declared she was buying it for me! It has lovely red eyes, which made it all the more attractive to this 'red' girl. As you probably noted, it opens so you can put little treasures in there!


The last big, goofy, silly looking one was bought by myself. A little bit of a departure from my usual owlishness, but every group has a 'funny guy' don't they - lol! This one does anyway.


What animals do you have an affinity for? Do you collect any?

Linda. xox

******

Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...