Friday, October 22, 2010

A Lovely Little Weekend Outing, And Meeting Some Bloggers In Real Life!

This morning I ventured out to the lovely Buninyong (which is only about 5 mins down the road from me) to visit the Buninyong Makers Market!! And boy, what a lovely time I had.


I bought 7 absolutely stunning items, 5 of which I can't mention here as they're Christmas presents and I don't want the people receiving them to have any clue what they are! But, I did buy two things for myself, which was a bit extravagant because I'm trying to restrict my personal spending at the moment as I mentioned over on Tracy's wonderful blog in the comments of this post about going a whole month without buying anything new.


My biggest purchase was this amazing Matryoshka Doll from The Shabby Cottage. I've been wanting one of these for ages, and have had my eye on a few Etsy ones, but it was so nice to be able to buy this delightful doll from a local crafter. So exciting!


And, I bought some lovely little map gift tags from Miss Isa (you know how I loooove map related items). They're so cute, and I can use them as tags or as part of my scrapbooking (if I ever get back to it!).

Whilst at the Makers Market I also got to meet some fellow bloggers in real life! Yay!! I loved that. It's just so wonderful to put a face to some of the gracious and lovely people you meet online.

There was Cathy from Tinnie Girl (the originator of Blogtoberfest and artist extraordinaire), Camille from Curly Pops (the hostess of the give-aways for Blogtoberfest and fabulous with fabric), Kathryn from The Shabby Cottage (another who's fabric creations are stunning), and Rachel from Miss Isa (who crafts gorgeous things from paper). All such warm and wonderful people, not to mention extremely talented crafters and artists. I had so much fun talking to them and looking at their amazing creations.

This was only the second Buninyong Makers Market, but it looks like it's going to be an ongoing thing which is fabulous. I'll certainly be back next month, and if you live near Ballarat, then it's certainly worth a look, especially if you'd like some beautifully handcrafted Christmas presents for friends and family.

Linda. xox

******

Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...